Tuesday, April 01, 2008

HA, HA!!

I was in a very deep sleep. I was dreaming. In my dream, I was on the phone with my boss and was trying to recollect the last name of someone I know. I was just on the verge of remembering that person’s last name when … Kevin pounced on top of me and woke me up. He was laughing.

I was annoyed at first but then I remembered … It’s April Fool’s Day and Kevin had probably just fallen into the trap I’d set for him. Yes!! It was a success!! It was beautiful!!

The only part that I regret is that I wasn’t there to eyewitness it.

I had sewn the leg holes of his underwear shut. Because he has bad eyesight, I could just imagine him, getting out of the shower, no contacts in yet, and struggling until he realized what had happened.

HA, HA, HA!!

Also in commemoration of April Fool’s Day, I made a dirt cake and took it to a play group I attended this morning.

As I was driving, trying to balance the dirt cake on my lap, I suddenly realized that dirt cake probably isn’t the best food to take to a play group—I could envision gads of chubby-cheeked toddlers smooshing Oreo cookie into the carpet. Nice, Amy!

Thankfully the hostess was very laid-back. And it was a big hit!

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

That's great! I'm afraid I didn't think of anything creative for April 1 -- I usually take any excuse for a holiday, but I think I was too tired. Oh well. We're doing Micahel's birthday late instead -- I should quick think of something, shouldn't I?

Sarah M. said...

That's awesome! So tell us about K's reaction, other than laughing. Did he say that he was confused?? That's hilarious.

Dirt cake, that's a great idea! The first time I had it was at a friend's house. She said, "See if you can find dessert." We looked and looked and never guessed it was the potted plant. Did you include gummy worms? :)

Amy K said...

Sarah, he was a great sport about it and thought it was very funny. I think he totally didn't expect it!! I was glad it went over so well.

Yes! I did buy gummy worms. But when I put them on the cake, they didn't look "authentic" so I took them off and went for the more natural look. :)

Sarah M. said...

That's great. :) My friend mixed the gummy worms in with the pudding mix under the "dirt", so when you dug in you'd find them.

jennie said...

That is great!!