Friday, July 31, 2009

Blessed Outdoors

I feel like I’m slowly starting to come out of the fog. I haven’t been exercising like I want to because of being so sick with this pregnancy. But last week I did manage to get outside for a few walks. The weather has been so mild and beautiful this summer.

One of my favorite things about our neighborhood is all the outdoor activities available. We really enjoy this community trail, which is basically behind the tree line in our backyard. Because it’s so easy to access, there’s no excuse not to take long walks and bike rides. There are two wonderful parks, including a splash park that are within walking distance.
 

Here is a picture of the back of our house from behind a fishing pond near the trail (our house is the one in the center).
 

Here are some zinnias that have popped up in my small, meager flower garden. It’s the first time I’ve planted flowers specifically for the purpose of cutting and bringing indoors. I made sure that I couldn’t see the garden from any of my windows so I would be more motivated to cut them. I love having a bit of nature inside.
 


Posted by Picasa

No comments: