Friday, October 17, 2008

Packed Week

The busyness has definitely taken its toll. Isn’t fall supposed to be a time to slow down, reflect, enjoy the colors and crisp air, cozy up with a hot drink, and so on? On Monday morning I was pretty stressed out about the condition of my house after being gone for the majority of the past month. I told Kevin I just needed three days to stay home, wear my sweats, and get stuff in order and I would feel better about life. I’m happy to report that, while there are still piles here and there, and the house is not perfectly clean, I no longer feel buried and depressed about everything!

Today was Kevin’s swearing-in ceremony. He will continue to do the same things he’s already doing at his job except now he can sign his own stuff and make court appearances, which he enjoys. I missed most of the ceremony (and got no pictures) because Clara was tired and being impossible. I rotated between standing in the back and having to leave the room entirely. But we enjoyed a nice lunch afterwards and then went to Kevin’s firm for a little dessert reception, where Clara decided to entertain everyone by being cute and laying down in the conference room at the foot of the person speaking.

Here are some pictures from this past week. In addition to these things, we also attended a lovely fall wedding and a fun wiener roast at Aunt Beth’s!

My mom came home with me for a few days. One day we picked apples and then canned 42 jars of applesauce with Kevin’s mom. There is no comparison between the flavor and texture of homemade applesauce and store bought.

The next day we took a picnic lunch to Eagle Creek park and then went hiking and let the girls play on the playground.

Indianapolis has a new airport! Over the weekend there was a “community day” where we could tour it. It’s very impressive with lots of glass. It reminds us somewhat of the Dulles airport.

The girls enjoyed climbing in and out of various airport vehicles parked outside the terminal.

And here is a recent picture of our house. Although, they’ve already poured the driveway so this picture is outdated already. It’s incredible how quickly a house can go up. We love going to the home site and seeing all the changes, both small ones and big ones! Our closing date is set for December 12 and we’re getting so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls are so cute and I would
love to see you home again sometime. Love you....G Ma