Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Girlfriends

Lately I have been feeling grateful regarding life in general. But I’ve been feeling especially grateful for the relationships God has given me. Since moving to Indiana I have made friends with several women who are super nice, transparent, down-to-earth, and fun. One friend in particular has been really good to me. I do not take that for granted.

I am also really grateful for my sisters, Betsy and Christy. In the last two days, I’ve had quality conversations with both of them. I appreciate how, even though they live 2,000 miles away, they make an effort to call me every month or so. And it’s not just the distance that separates us—it’s also a life-stage thing. Even though I’m doing the “mom thing” and they are living crazy fun single lives, they still act like they think I’m cool. I’m sure this is a great charity on their part, in order to make me feel good. But I still really appreciate that.

Here are my sisters, on Christmas morning 2007. I love those girls!


3 comments:

Heather L. said...

Sisters are terrific!!! How wonderful that Meredith and Clara will grow up with each other.

Anonymous said...

Not to mention that your sisters are hot!

Anonymous said...

Seriously...