Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Sunshiny Day

Took a stroll over lunch break. Couldn’t resist - it’s such a sunshiny day. Happened to notice three black SUVs with many black-suited individuals standing nearby. Then I saw a young girl with a video camera. Turns out that Arnold was dining at the Esquire Grill. When I got back to the office, I met Karen and told her how amused I was by the SUVs and the secret service dudes. She said, "Hurry, let’s go order drinks!" Before I knew it, we were back at the Grill. From our table, we could see Arnold and his party. After a while, he and Maria came and spoke for a few minutes with a reporter seated at the table across from ours. Karen asked me if we should go say something to him. "NO!" was my emphatic answer. (Remember my speech on this topic? See below.) Before he left, he gave Maria a kiss and they parted in different directions. I think the waitress knew exactly why we were there. Karen remarked that it was the most expensive diet coke she's ever ordered (and, might I add, she only took three sips). It was fun but I don’t think I’ll do it again.
__________________________________________

Because it’s SPRING and because, in a rare fit of . . . ?? (something) ??, I feel like posting it . . . poetry.

"Springtime"
Excerpts of a poem by Savannah Skye

Oh Spring
Who waits so patiently behind Winter's white curtain of cold
Do come into us and wrap your warm tendrils of love and beauty
around us, replacing this bare, stark world that enwraps
us presently with your beautiful world of warmth and
colors a plenty
. . .
Oh Sun
Who hath been hiding from us for so long
Come out and shine upon us with your infinite source
of warmth that will bring to us an abundance of
joy and happiness
Gazing upon us with your seemingly endless source of heat
that emanates from your rays of light that dance upon
our skin and bring us luminous sight
. . .
Oh Flowers
Who patiently wait to come alive with many kisses of colors
Bloom, bloom, bloom and do open up for us, so our eyes can
behold the true beauty that you do offer to us so unselfishly
. . .
Oh Spring, do come into us
For we have been waiting far too long for you to
free us from this dark, cold, cavernous cave of
Winter and deliver us out onto your wide open spaces
of warmth and beauty that you do bring to us in your
Seasonal call

No comments: