Friday, December 19, 2003

Touching Moment

A sweet-sounding 11-year-old girl called into Dennis Prager’s show this morning.

Little girl: (with a small voice) Why are people so downtrodden during the holidays?
Dennis: You mean, why are they so sad?
Girl: Yes.
Dennis: You know, I wonder about that myself. What do you think?
Girl: I just don’t know. I mean, my dad left my mom when I was very little and her family has disowned her. They hate her. She never had anybody to be with her during the holidays or celebrate with. And we have always been so happy. We’ve always had good times.

Don’t know why exactly but - to me - this little interchange was so touching. Here is a single mom and a little girl who are focusing on what they have - not on what they don’t have. And, that makes them happy. What a great lesson from the lips of a child.

Turns out the little girl was homeschooled. Good plug for homeschooling! Yea!

No comments: