Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Kevin 'N Kenny

Last night was very interesting, to say the least. I just cannot believe how indescribably embarrassing grown women can be. "I LOVE YOU KENNY" was shouted out numerous times. I mean, I realize there may be some male performers out there who are worth wasting your vocal chords and getting excited over. But, Kenny? C’mon! And, he can’t even really sing. Get a life gals!

This reminds me of my dear 19-year-old sister. I don’t understand why she’s attracted to Harrison Ford either. He’s old enough to be her grandfather. I will admit - in his prime, he was one of those attractive, manly times and I can understand a single girl having a crush on him. But NOW? Now he is a wrinkled, full-bellied, old, cocky has-been. Get over him.

What was even more amazing about last night is the fact that people actually paid $100 per ticket to sit in the first 10 rows. I paid $25 for my ticket - my seat was way up in the peanut gallery. But, I was close enough to see Kevin. And, after all, that’s why I went.

Speaking of which, I thought I was going to be disappointed because, for the first several pieces, the chorale sang behind this translucent curtain. Then, when they finally made their entrance onto the actual stage, Kevin was positioned behind a tree. Drat! I thought to myself, "I paid $25 to see Kevin stand behind a tree with his hair poking out at the top?" But eventually, he was able to move away from the tree.

The funniest part of the event was when Kenny got 12 volunteers on stage to sing "The 12 Days of Christmas." Their voices, for the most part, were TERRIBLE and Kenny had a hay day making fun of them. Then, he had the volunteers act out their parts - milking maids, leapings lords, etc. That was also very funny.

Otherwise, the night was uneventful. Oh - except for the fact that I accidently threw away my ticket before I entered the building. I threw it into a big trash can outside the entrance. When I realized I threw it away, I was mortified. I immediately lifted the heavy lid off the trash and plunged almost my entire body into the trash can to fish out my ticket. It was a most embarrassing moment. But all I could think of, at the time, was that I had to get my ticket out before someone threw their burrito on it. Finally, I rescued my ticket from the depths of the trash can. And I was pretty much unscathed from the event.

Whew! After that experience, I figured I could handle whatever else the evening threw my way.

No comments: