Monday, December 21, 2009

More Christmas ...

What a crazy, wonderful weekend. We got some beautiful snow and Kevin took the girls sledding, which was probably the highlight of their weekend. I went to two cookie exchanges! Lots of sugar and lots of fun! Kevin and I went to a great performance of Handel's Messiah, and then to a Christmas open house. I am definitely in the Christmas mood after all these celebrations.

Here are two pictures from last week.

I had so much fun taking Meredith to the dollar store and letting her pick out her own Christmas presents. She wanted to buy presents for all the people of the world but I told her to think about who she would actually see on Christmas day and buy for them. She had the best time figuring out what to get each person. And, of course, she wanted to wrap all the gifts by herself and make the tags herself too.
 


My grandma always made Pecan Peanut Brittle every year for Christmas when I was a child/teenager. So I thought I'd make her recipe this year and share it with our neighbors. Yum! I need to carry on this annual tradition.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: