Wednesday, July 28, 2004

YAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Whoever said the third try is a charm was mistaken. For us, it was actually the fifth try that was the charm. The fifth offer we made on a house has been accepted. [Insert loud, resounding trumpet fanfare, wild, victorious cheers, and booming canon blasts.] Our new Realtor (who has a very different approach in making offers than our previous Realtor; buying houses can be complicated, I’m learning) called us last night at 10:30 to tell us the good news. We were elated. The last thing Kevin said before he promptly fell asleep was, "I hope I won’t be up all night thinking about it." As it turns out, I was the one up until 2 AM thinking about it!! There are a lot of things we love about this house but the best thing is probably the wood flooring all throughout the first floor. And the kitchen has black appliances, which I think is very cool. Those of you who have already purchased a home know exactly what we are feeling right now. It’s a strange combination of extreme excitement and extreme nervousness. We are excited about our new house. (I’ve already pulled out all of my home decorating books and Kevin is thinking about landscaping.) We are nervous about having a mortgage. (Maybe not so many weekend getaway trips from now on!) Whatever happens, we are relieved that we won’t have to be running around looking at houses, reviewing offers, having our hopes dashed when they don’t get accepted, etc. All of that was rather stressful. I’m glad it’s behind us. As soon as I get a picture of the house I’ll scan it and post it. Unfortunately, I have a bad reputation for promptly developing film. But I’ll try.

No comments: