Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Watchin’ the Daisies Grow

Actually, last night’s game for our nameless church softball team was pretty good. I’ve been trying to think of a good name for it. But my creative juices simply aren’t flowing. And, since none of the other fans in the crowd seem anxious to christen our team, I’ve given up on finding a proper name for it entirely! We were down seven points and then we caught up in the last inning. Because of the tie, the game was extended. There were some tense moments and some exciting plays at the end. Kevin hit some good ones and caught a couple flies. I cheered and screamed until my voice was gone. It was fun. We ended up losing by only four points. Yeah, we still lost. But at least we lost with our self-respect still intact.

"I don’t mind losing if I can lose with dignity." -- Kevin Koons

I was officially dubbed the "team mom" by some observers because I took care of our guys by cheering them on and feeding them snickerdoodles. :) I’m finding that I like my role as "team mom." It’s very gratifying.

No comments: