Tuesday, January 13, 2004

The color of my world . . .

Red is my absolute favorite color. It has been my favorite color since a very young age. I’m pretty sure I can guarantee that I’ve chosen red as my favorite color on all those internet "how well do you know me?" surveys sent to me by Christy, Robin and Amber throughout the years. ;)

You see . . . Red can be bright or it can be crimson. It can express and provoke so many different feelings and sentiments. Everything from exultation to vivaciousness to power to patriotism to passion to mystique. Red can be subtle or loud. Stark or soft. Whatever red is, it is never neutral. It’s never insipid or dull. Yes, red is my signature in life.

May the color red live long and prosper. May it bring life and joy to the masses. May it always endure in our material world and in the confines of our hearts.

Amen.

P.S. I think these thoughts were prompted by a red rug I bought for our apartment last night. In case you were wondering. (The darndest little things will set me off.) Please note: These thoughts were not prompted by that unopened bottle of red hair dye I have sitting underneath the bathroom sink, unfortunately.

No comments: